Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekly Project #8 - Kitty

So are you tired of all the toys I'm making yet? : ) Just a few more and then I'll work on some different projects. Promise.
This little kitty is made of some dark gray fabric I had in my stash. Honestly, I don't know what kind of fabric it is. It's not the usual 100% cotton fabric. It's thicker and stretchier. The top of her head (the black and white check) is from a thrifted wool skirt. Her dress is made from Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane fabric. I made the ruffle from scrap fabric. The bow and shoes are made from plum-colored wool felt.
I wanted to make her look like our pet cat who is black with green eyes. I have to say this kitty is much nicer than her real-life counterpart!

2 comments:

  1. Oh too cute! I love it. I love the book, and love seeing your versions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My book hasn't come yet. I enjoying seeing all the projects your working on. Keep them coming, please!!

    ReplyDelete