Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekly Project: Nursery Chair

I'm kinda cheating here. I did this project awhile back but I have been wanting to post about it. I'm glad I'm finally getting around to it. Currently, my weekly project consists of Halloween costumes which are a surprise until the 31st. : )
On to the chair, I purchased it from Craigslist and it was nasty, nasty chair. I have to see if I can find some "before" pictures. Whew. I have no idea what my husband was thinking when he saw it. The cushion was full of mildew and it was really quite disgusting. My every supportive husband willing dismantled the cushion, springs, and everything that was "seat". I bought some 5" foam cushion. We cut it, padded it and bolted it to a new board that attached to the chair. The process also included spray painting the chair and wrapping the seat with some fabric.

Now, it's a wonderful little chair for evening feedings with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment