Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Super Hero Capes

My daughter and her friends love playing superhero in our backyard. I decided they needed some capes to encourage their imaginative play. I thought about making my own pattern but I did a quick Google search to see what was out there in blog land...and Google did not disappoint! I found this great pattern and tutorial at thelongthread.com.
Quick Notes: I made my pattern out of freezer paper and it fits perfectly on 1 yard of fabric. I used WordArt in Microsoft Word to make the initial. I used Photoshop to make the star. The exterior fabric is Kona solids and the lining is small pin dot polka dots. I used the extra lining material for the stars and random scraps around the sewing room for the initials.
These would make wonderful gifts for any kid's birthday party.





And I have to say these kids have not been able to put these capes down! It's been not stop for a whole week. I'd say they were well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. We used tea towels for capes when we were young....love your capes.

    ReplyDelete