Friday, February 25, 2011

Scalloped Kid's Tablecloth

My daughter needed a new table protector. I used oilcloth for the last one. It worked really well except that it kept slipping off. So I wanted something that would drape over the sides to solve that problem. I used a white sheet for the fabric.
Here's hoping that white wasn't the worst choice ever. : )

After I had made the tablecloth, I sewed clear vinyl to the top. It's going to be easy to wipe up marker and paint now.

To make the scallops: I cut long strips that were about 8-10" wide. I put the right sides together and traced the scallops on wrong side of the fabric. I sewed right over the scallop lines and then I cut out the scallops. It's easier that way. I turned it right side out and ironed. Then I was able to attach the scalloped fabric to the top square piece of fabric.


  1. Very nice! I can't believe how grown up Syd seems like just the other day we met you guys and she was around Laurel's age. Oh, and love her new haircut!

  2. I might try to tackle this one.. it's very cute and a great idea! BTW, I like Syd's hair too!