Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday

...to me!

My cake is a snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon buttercream frosting. I love cinnamon.
I found this Halloween decorated cake on Flickr. Isn't it cute?! So I decided that is what I wanted. I punched the circles, cut them in half, and ran them through the sewing machine. I tied them to kabob skewers and added some ribbons to the end. Simple.
Since then I have found this shop on Etsy. She has some beautiful cakes with the cake bunting decorations. Exactly the same premise. She has kits available too.


I've always wanted a three layer cake too. It's the simple things in life. : )

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! That cake sounds delicious! Where did you get the recipe for a snickerdoodle cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The recipe is from The Cake Mix Doctor. Here is a link to the recipe from someone else's blog:

    http://halfpinthouse.wordpress.com/2007/04/03/snickerdoodle-cake/

    ReplyDelete