Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Crafts: Day 7


 Today's craft is a wood peppermint garland.

These are easy to make. Here's the process:


Depending on the garland length will determine how many wood discs you need.
You can always place them closer together on the string or further apart - it's your preference.

You could even paint them white and pink for a girl's candy party and string them around the top of the tablecloth. Ooh, now that would be cute!

Okay, back to the task at hand. : )
1. Paint the discs white.
2. Find the center and draw the peppermint lines (see close up picture below).
3. Paint in the red.


Now to string them, I used 2 discs and glued the string in between them (see pic below).
Again, you could always just use one disc and glue string to the back.
I wanted sandwich them so if they "twirled"on the string you would always see a front of a peppermint. Make sense? 


You could use them to decorate presents, string them in front of the fireplace or on green garland. Use them for a picture backdrop, decorate a table, or even use them on your Christmas tree. Lots of fun uses!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    My name is Laura, and I am the editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com. I am contacting you because I would love to feature some of your craft tutorials, like this one, on AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com. I know my readers would love your content!

    Each one of our craft reviews includes a short description of the project, a byline that credits you, a link to the tutorial on your site, and a photo of the finished project. We also feature links to projects and accompanying pictures in our free weekly e-mail newsletter.

    My email address is lplack@primecp.com. Please let me know if we have permission to feature your projects and photos on AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com and in our newsletters, which reach over 110,000 subscribers. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Thank you,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I am going to make this for my apartment!

    ReplyDelete